Custom Awnings and Canopies MN
Awnings and canopies aren’t just for businesses. These days everyone is watching their hard earned dollars and looking for ways to reduce our use of natural resources. What if you could see a significant reduction to your energy costs, simply by adding an attractive awning to your home or business? The concept is actually pretty simple – by providing shade over your windows, you can reduce the amount of sunlight directly hitting and passing through the glass of your home.
In a recent article from the United States Department of Energy, the government noted that the simple addition of a window awning can diminish the amount of solar heat gain during the summertime by up to an amazing 65% on all the windows facing south on your home, and over 77% on any windows facing west.
The results from this study are very exciting for any homeowners or business owners considering awnings for their home or building. Below is one of the tables they created to demonstrate the cooling energy saved by having an awning installed:
At DNP Canvas, we specialize in creating custom awnings for Minnesota homeowners. Our awnings bring our clients a variety of benefits.
- Window and door awnings reduce your consumption of energy by keeping your home cooler during the summer months
- Window awnings will prolong the life of your furniture and flooring by protecting them from direct sunlight
- Porch and patio covers will prevent premature deterioration of your exterior doorways, keep your porch or patio cooler during the summer, and save energy by decreasing absorption of heat by the walls of your house
- Awnings increase the value of your home by enhancing curb appeal and adding beautiful accents
- A set of simple awnings, when correctly installed, will noticeably reduce your energy bills
From our shop in Cambridge MN, we provide custom canvas services to customers across the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area. Let us help you identify the best outdoor fabrics to use on an awning or canopy for your home or business. From there, we will build and install items that will last—and that you will love.